Here’s how to use a recording of an online room from one course in another course.
You can put a link to the recording in the content area.
First get the link to the recording (archive).
Log into the course that has the archive
- Click on “Course Tools”, then Online Rooms in the blue Nav Bar
- Click on the room that was recorded
- At the top of the page click on the Archive tab
- You will see a link to the recording of the room there. To the right of it make sure it says Public. If not click the pencil and change it to Public
- Click on the archive name
- At the top of the page that opens, click in the address bar, and copy the address of that page (Ctrl & C on a PC)
Second add the link in the other course
Log into the course you want to include a link to that recording. You will be putting a link to that recording in the Contents area.
click on Content on the blue Nav Bar
- click on the module you want the link to be in
- click the New button and select “Create a link” from the dropdown menu
- In the Title box put in the name that you want
- In the URL box paste the URL you copied in step 1 (Ctrl v on a pc)
- tick the “Open as External Resource” box. you MUST do this
- click the Create button.
Now there’s a link to that recording in the course.
The students must have downloaded and installed the Blackboard Collaborate Launcher for the meeting to be able to open and play.