The following has been copied and modified with permission from the Desire2Learn Resource Centre help documentation.
The User Progress tool helps track progress in a course by measuring the completion of 9 different progress indicators.
Instructors can use User Progress to track their students’ overall progress and prepare progress reports.
Students can use User Progress to keep track of all of their course-specific assignments and feedback.
Progress reports are available for the following progress indicators:
- Dropbox Folders
- Login History
The User Progress interface consists of three main areas:
- User Information area
- Includes links to view the user’s profile, email the user, and instant message the user.
- Reports List area
- Contains links to view reports based on the 9 progress indicators, as well as a Summary view that encompasses all of the progress indicators.
- Report Details area
- Expands on the progress indicator report chosen from the Reports List.
- When a report displays in the Report Details area, it contains expandable and collapsible links that enable users to drill-down further into the reports for more details.
Instructors can see an additional view called Class Progress, which is accessible from the course level. Class Progress lists all of the students enrolled in the class, and displays Content, Objectives, Logins, and Grades results. This view enables instructors to see and compare all students at a glance.
Access User Progress
The User Progress tool can be accessed from both My Home and the course level. From My Home, students can see their progress for all their courses, whereas at the course level, the tool displays results specific to the course.
- Click the My Tools menu in the top right of the navigation bar and select User Progress.
- Under the Course Tools menu, click the Classlist link, and select View Progress from the dropdown menu to the right of a user’s name.
- Click your login name at the top right of the screen and select Progress.
Access Class Progress
- Click Edit Course, then click View User Progress.
Switch from Class Progress to User Progress
Switch back to the User Progress view from the Class Progress view by clicking on a progress indicator for an individual user. This displays the progress indicator report in the Report Details area for that user.
Filter Class Progress
Select a group or section to view Class Progress for from the Filter to drop-down list.