From the Quiz tool or the Question Library, select a NEW Written Response Question (WR):
- Click in the window of the Written Text section.
- Click on the “Open in Full Screen Editor ” icon.
- Click on the Table option, and select the required number of cells required:
- Here is an example of a question to have students fill in the colours that result from combining these two primary colours. When done, click on the “Close in Full Screen Editor” icon.
- Add text/instructions for students to fill in the table and modify the points.
- Check the option to “Enable HTML Editor for student responses”.
- To copy this table for students to fill in, click on “Options” and select “Add Initial Text”:
Copy everything in the Question Text area (Ctrl & a), then move to the
Initial Text (for student responses) area and paste (Ctrl & v).
REMINDER: Preview the quiz question:
To mark these questions after the exam has been submitted, here is a job aid to help you:
Grade Long answers