You can export your course components to a file if you want to reuse them or save them as a backup.
Components are exported to a zip file which can be re-imported using the Copy/Export/Import tool.
User Data is not exported
User data is not exported. For example, if you export dropbox folders, none of submissions to the folders are exported. Similarly, if you export the discussions component, posts inside the discussions topics will not be exported.
Links and associations between components
Associations between components will not be exported. The export tool does not support these associations (for example, Quicklinks, links to grade items, release conditions, etc.).
Components that you can export
The following components can be exported:
- Course files
- External links
- Grades (except calculated grade items)
- Navbar templates (not navbars)
- Question library
- Self assessments
- Go to the Import/Export/Copy Components page for your course offering. To access this page, do one of the following:
- Click Edit Course on your course navbar, then click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Click Import/Export/Copy Components in the Admin Tools widget or from the Admin Tools menu on the minibar.
- Select Export Components. If you want to include any files associated with components, selectInclude course files in the export package. Click Start.
- Select the components you want to export using the check box beside each component.
- To export only certain items from a component, choose Select individual items to export. This allows you to select, for example, individual quizzes, FAQ sections, dropbox folders, etc.
- When you are finished selecting components, click Continue.
- If you chose “Select individual items to export” for any component in the previous step, the Select Items page appears.
- This page lists all of the items and any sub-items contained in the current component. (For example, on the Select Dropbox Items page, you will see all of the folders and categories.)
- To view sub-items, click the + icon next to an item or click Expand All.
- Select the individual items and sub-items you want to export and click Continue.
NOTE Not all components have sub-items.
- Repeat the previous step for any other components for which you chose “Select individual items toexport.” The Confirm Components to Export page appears. This page lists all the components that are included in the export file along with the number of items selected for each component. You can change the items selected within a component by clicking Modify. This takes you to the Select Items page for that component.
- Click Continue to begin the export.
- The Export Course Components page is displayed, showing the export progress.
- When a component has been successfully exported, a green check mark appears beside it. If any component fails to export properly, a red X will appear beside it.
- When the process is finished, click Finish.
- A final Export Summary page is displayed where you can download the export file.
- To download the file, click on the link that says Click here to download the export Zip package. Choose a location to save the file and save it.
NOTE If you do not download the file from this screen, it is lost. You cannot download it later.