A quiz ideally will have the questions available in the question library.
Create a quiz
- Click on Activities, Quizzes link from the Navigation Bar.
- New Quiz
- Properties tab (this is the default)
- Name: create a name (example: Quiz 1)
(no category is required)
- Add/Edit Questions button
- Click on Import button
- Import Source: (from the dropdown menu – upside triangle) leave unchanged to From an Existing Collection (see photo below)
- Source Collection: (from the dropdown menu – upside triangle) choose Question Library (see photo below)
- Source Section: (from the dropdown menu – upside triangle) select the <name> of the question library folder that contains the questions UNDER the “Collection Root” (see photo below)
- Tick the questions you want to be included in that part of the quiz (NOT the folder) (see photo below)
- Save button
- Scroll to the top of screen and select Done Editing Questions at the top right of the screen
- Now, Scroll to top of quiz and add 6 questions per page and click “Apply”. A blue line will appear after each six questions below and the number will disappear.
You have now created a exam/quiz. Repeat the steps to add questions from another section (if necessary) from your Question Library. You may draw from different chapters or topics (for a mid-term) or a create sections for the MC and TF questions, and one for the essay questions.
Click on all other tabs at the top of the screen to change the settings for your quiz. Remember to preview the quiz before you use this exam with your students.