If you have a student who needs to take an exam early, or a student who gets double time for an exam, this article is for you.
The Learning Hub allows instructors to over-ride some of the exam settings for individual students. You can adjust these settings
- Availability dates – Start and End date
- Time limit and grace period
- Late submission options
Log into the course and click on Activities in the NavBar and select Quizzes.
Click on the quiz you want to adjust a students access level.
Click on the Restrictions tab at the top of the page. Here you see the settings for all students.
To over-ride the settings for one student, start by clicking on the “Add Users to Special Access” button at the bottom of the page.
- You can change the Start and End date
- Assign special time limit (example: enforced time limit – modify to add time and a half)
- Assign special grace period
- Assign special late submissions
Only adjust the items that need to be changed. The other settings will remain the same as for the rest of the class.
From the class list below the settings, tick the box in front of the student (or students) who needs these new settings.
Click the “Add Special Access” button at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken back to the “Restrictions” page. Click the “Save” or “Save and Close” button at the bottom to complete the process.
Now you will see the students at the bottom of the “Restrictions” page with their new settings.
DO NOT change the Advanced Availability radio button. It MUST remain on “Allow selected users special access to this quiz”. If you change it, only the students listed below will be able to access the quiz. The rest of the class will not be able to do it. Here is what this should look like:
– red “x” next to the student’s name will allow you to delete this student from the Special Access list
– pencil icon next to the student’s name will allow you to modify the special settings for this student